!--===== RuBizModal =====-->
Veneers (adherent layer) – is ceramic «side plate», which are fixed on the frontal surface of teeth. Usually veneers are used for face improvement of frontal group of teeth (inborn or gained changes of enamel surface that spoil its face; erasibility, color changing). Veneers, like inlays, are made individually in laboratory and implement the same function as restoration with filling material (fillings), but versus the last, they have better esthetic and don’t lost their shine with time. Let look in detail the reasons of its popularity. The method of adherent layer appears like alternative for full ceramic crowns. For veneers there is not needed so big tooth preparation as for crowns. The tooth is cut only in thickness of future veneer, which then is fixed by special adhesive composition. Ceramic veneers are easy to produce, manufacturable and need less time for making.
Advantages of porcelain veneers
Veneers, versus other kind of dental restorations, have two main advantages:
- Porcelain veneers look more natural. Till recently all materials, which were used by dentists for face improvement of tooth, were non-transparent or semitransparent. This means, that when light fall down on the surface of such materials, at once was reflected of its surface, and didn’t penetrate in deep, and all of this didn’t allow getting full likeness with natural teeth. Porcelain veneers are transparent and it’s the main their advantage versus in compare with other materials. The light what fall down on the surface of porcelain veneer, penetrates into deep of porcelain and is reflected from non-transparent cement and tooth tissues, and because of it looks like next natural teeth.
- In the porcelain veneers there don’t appear spots. Porcelain is ceramic glassy material, smooth and absolutely impenetrable, that’s why on its surface won’t be any pots or discoloration.
Evidence for veneer making
There exist three main group of veneer covering.
- Unsatisfactory esthetic state of old fillings;
- Pulpless teeth;
- Tooth injury, which is accompanied by blood;
- Tetracycline and minocycline of teeth;
- Hypoplasia, fluorosis;
- Abnormality of mineralization;
- Multiple color of enamel crack.
2.Changes in tooth cause of destructive processes:
- Tooth caries of III, IV, V stages and its combination;
- Erosion, enamel necrosis; wedge-shaped defects;
- Pathological vertical erasibility of hard tooth tissues;
- Tooth injury.
3.Shape and place changing of tooth:
- Anomaly of tooth;
- Diastem, trem (spaces between teeth);
- Tooth position outside of arc;
- Tooth mobility in case of pariodontium and injuries.
The method of adherent layer appears like alternative for full ceramic crowns.
Contradictory for veneer making
- Unsatisfactory hygiene of mouth cavity;
- Parodentium (gingivitis, periodontitis);
- Deep caries spreading.
- Destroying or small height of coronal tooth part;
- Allergic reaction on materials.
Care of porcelain veneer
Veneers can serve around ten years If you follow to hygienic rules and periodical examination.
Life time of veneers depend on right care of it.
- Teeth with porcelain veneer have to be cleaned everyday by toothbrush and thread. Observance of hygienic rules minimizes accumulation of tooth raid and risk of caries appearing. Veneers, of course aren’t hurt by caries, but caries can appear on another parts of tooth, which aren’t covered by veneer.
- Porcelain veneers are created for face improvement of tooth and can’t be under big load or force acts. For exclude such acts, there is necessary to stop biting nails, to open bottles by teeth and so on.
Force influence can cause breakage or veneer shifting. There is recommended to avoid big quantity of tea, coffee, red vine and other coloring products.
Method of porcelain veneer making
Porcelain veneer making needs two visits to dentist. During first visit, the tooth is prepared; prints are taken off, the color of porcelain veneer is chosen and installed temporary veneer. At the second visit the porcelain veneer is installed. Usually two weeks pass between those two visits. In this time veneer is madding in laboratory.
Stages of porcelain veneer making.
The first stage – the tooth is cleaned off raid with using drugs which don’t include fluorine and oil.
The second stage – match tint of filling material.
The third stage – preparation. There are removed enamel layer from frontal surface, around 5 mm, this means there is prepared “bed’ for veneer.
The fourth stage – receipt of prints. The prints are gotten with help of special spoon; it’s covered by modeled paste, after it the soon is pressed to tooth for couple minutes. According to dental prints are made gypseous dental model of patient’s teeth in the laboratory. Dental technician makes veneer, and tries on this model.
The fifth stage – making of temporary veneer by dentist in dental office.
The sixth stage – installation of porcelain veneer. The dentist tries porcelain veneer on the patient’s tooth, remove defects, fits it, check bite and only after it he decides to install veneer on the tooth. The tooth and veneer are well washed by water jet and dried by air jet. Then tooth enamel is covered by special gel, for increasing durability of veneer fastening to tooth. Veneer is attached to tooth with help of cement.